me and my household

"Choose this day whom you will serve... ; but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.’ Joshua 24:15

Sunday, September 04, 2016

All's Quiet on the Western Front

We've been asked a few times lately if we've got any news. Nothing to report at the moment.
Because we were going to be away next week I think they've probably got us on hold until after that time. We were heading away for our anniversary. 20 years! Unfortunately events out of our control meant we were unable to go away after all.
So for our 20th anniversary we stuck to a tradition we've had wherever we've lived, although hadn't yet done here. We planted a Blue Moon rose bush. Two actually. I had this type of rose in my bouquet at our wedding. We like to plant it as a kind of symbol of our marriage. Our front garden is very good at roses, so we have reason to hope they will grow well there.

Hmm - that reminds me. I must post about family traditions at some time.

Not today though.

Today is Father's Day. We have planted the annual fruit tree gift. This year it was a Flat Peach, or as we like to call them European Stacking Peaches. We saw a lot of this type of peach in Europe, often sold in stacks. As soon as the boys saw it they were keen to get it for Simon. He and one of our boys loved them while we were in Europe. We had church this morning an then this afternoon waved goodbye to my husband as he headed away for 2 weeks to a training conference with the RAAF. He works as a RAAF chaplain one day a week. So not much excitement ahead here for the next 2 weeks. Well none planned anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home