me and my household

"Choose this day whom you will serve... ; but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.’ Joshua 24:15

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Our First Referral

On Thursday, while I was in the car on the way to spend a few nights with some college friends, I received a call with our first referral.

We will talk with them further tomorrow or Tuesday. We have some questions, and some concerns.

The referral is for 2 boys, not brothers. We are approved and recommended for what is called GF (general foster care? I think). There are other categories like GF+1 and GF+2 for children with greater needs. Because we have our own children in the house and haven't done foster care before our recommendation was for GF. One of these boys is GF, and one is GF+1. So it is likely we will say that we are not comfortable with taking a child classed as GF+1. We are concerned that the referral came our way, although not completely surprised. It is not that we wouldn't want to care for this boy, but we just don't think that we will be able to offer the kind of care he is likely to require due to the needs that we have been informed of. We have more questions though. The type of care is also not the type we have been approved for, so again we are feeling a bit mixed about the referral. But this is new to us. I guess we will get used to the process. And possibly used to saying no, which seems hard, but also necessary.

For those who pray - perhaps you could pray for this situation for us, and that we make the right decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home